Candidate Obama’s slogan in 2008 was ‘Yes, we can.’ His slogan now is ‘No, I can’t.’ Reblog if you agree It’s time for a new president.
First: “Paid for by Romney for President, Inc?” Since when do you have to pay for tumblr?
Second: You act like this is a sudden change for Obama. A quote from Obama’s acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention in August of 2008: “The change we need doesn’t come from Washington. Change comes to Washington. Change happens because the people demand it.” When Obama said “You can’t change Washington from the inside” today, this was completely consistent with what he said four years ago. I notice you didn’t provide any source for “No I can’t.” That’s because Barack Obama never said it, you lying piece of excrement. And you don’t link to what Obama actually said, because context will tell anyone with an IQ above their age that you’re twisting his words completely around.
You’re just continuing to double down on your campaign of lies and deceit in the hopes that enough morons out there will believe it.
What needs to change? Well, for one, we need Congresspersons who haven’t sworn to block Obama at every turn, putting their own power grab ahead of the well-being of Americans. And how do we change it?
Well, Obama can’t fire the do-nothing Congress. He doesn’t have that power, constitutionally. But you know who can fire them? We can. We, the people. Including the 47% of America that Mitt Romney so despises. Despite the best efforts of Republicans, we still have a voice. And you better believe we will use it.
Democrats get pissed off at Romney when he lies, deceives, and tells people that he doesn’t care about half of America.
We get pissed off when Romney promises to end a woman’s right to choose by overturning Roe v Wade.
We get pissed off when Romney promises to pass a constitutional amendment ending the right of people to marry whoever they love, regardless of gender.
We get pissed off when Romney promises to end all funding to Planned Parenthood, ending cancer screenings for almost 2,000,000 low-income people per year.
We get pissed off when he talks about increasing our military presence around the world, when we’re still in a useless war that’s gone on longer than the two World Wars combined.
Republicans get pissed off over Obama telling the truth. They get pissed off when they are called out on their lies. And they get pissed off that Obama hasn’t fixed a mess that they work very hard to keep from getting cleaned up. They get pissed off because, in their twisted heads, a birth certificate cannot possibly prove that a black man was born in the United States. They get pissed off and call Obama a Muslim, because in their minds it’s OK to hate people of other religions, not realizing apparently that their bigotry is showing so openly. And nevermind that Obama is a Christian who lives by the Christian value of “love thy neighbor,” while many in the religious right have completely forgotten every single teaching of Jesus.
Well, change is coming. It’s time for the American people to demand it, rise up and insist on new ideas and new leadership in Congress, a new politics for a new time.
No more of this stupid crap where Republicans worry more about the next election than they do about doing their jobs. No more refusing to work with the President just because they can then use it to make him look bad in the hopes that Americans will ignore the truth.
But though there are a large percentage of Americans who continue to fall for the sideshow barker that is Mitt Romney, I refuse to believe that there are enough of those idiots out there to actually give him a chance at winning.
390 Notes/ Hide
- theprivilegedone likes this
- comfortablyunimpressed likes this
- kingbitchen1988 reblogged this from beginwithendings
- kstaana0321 reblogged this from mittromney and added:
- laugh-at-theconfusion reblogged this from aestheticprep
- smalltownpreppygirl reblogged this from aestheticprep
- smalltownpreppygirl likes this
- naturallynautical likes this
- aestheticprep reblogged this from seriouslysouthernconservative
- seriouslysouthernconservative reblogged this from mittromney
- yourcurrentcrush reblogged this from mittromney and added:
- duchess-catherine-elizabeth reblogged this from fashionablyroyal
- thecambridgefamily-admin likes this
- fashionablyroyal likes this
- fashionablyroyal reblogged this from decidedlywonderstruck
- stephanie-is-pretty reblogged this from my-heart-is-y0urs-forever and added:
- my-heart-is-y0urs-forever reblogged this from mittromney
- will6cx likes this
- will6cx reblogged this from mittromney
- bows-and-tatttoos likes this
- lukesmicrophone reblogged this from mittromney
- mzmz-a reblogged this from mittromney
- chrissyfaaace likes this
- lapiccolagattina reblogged this from kennyvee
- thebiquefactor reblogged this from mittromney and added:
- allieinwonderlandd reblogged this from mittromney
- whoperlock reblogged this from mittromney and added:
- dfghjhj reblogged this from mittromney
- dfghjhj likes this
- shiburrowes likes this
- airforcemomster reblogged this from mittromney
- inspiredmdcclxxvi reblogged this from thechrisdoes and added:
- amybravoh likes this
- conservacat reblogged this from mittromney and added:
- reflounder likes this
- sourtastesburntlungs reblogged this from mittromney
- theresxcfg reblogged this from mittromney
- kcnamadrugada reblogged this from byct
- lilwaynegacyjr likes this
- athoms-for-peace reblogged this from jahdivision-deactivated
- pope-john-paul-george-and-ringo likes this
- stephenjohnfrythearchive reblogged this from 0wenhart
- hivecommander likes this
- a-83 likes this
- yummybeautifulpolitics reblogged this from mittromney
- orangereicheru13 reblogged this from garps and added:
- howarddully likes this
- scoobybooby likes this
- ashleak reblogged this from mittromney