Why is it that Russia’s space agency can tell us where their satellite will crash, but when American satellites crash to earth NASA says “it will be somewhere around Australia, North America, or Africa” and afterwards they still can’t find it?
Nice! More cheery good news for our world’s oceans.
Highly toxic Phobos-Grunt Mars probe will crash into ocean on Sunday, Russia says
Russia’s space agency on Wednesday pinpointed the likely trajectory of its stranded Mars probe, Phobos-Grunt, predicting it would crash into the Indian Ocean west of Jakarta later this week.
“The predicted window for the fragments of the Phobos-Grunt to fall to Earth is between January 14 and 16, with the central point on January 15 at 1:18 pm Moscow time, the Roskosmos agency said in a statement.
It also published a map showing the path of the gradually descending probe, with its location at the predicted time west of Jakarta, apparently falling into the Indian Ocean. (Photo: AFP/Getty Images)
61 Notes/ Hide
- ifuckinglovespace reblogged this from nationalpost
- heathermblogs reblogged this from kennyvee
- heathermblogs likes this
- kennyvee reblogged this from thereluctantoptimist and added:
- mitchellthelawyer likes this
- nicoledissonance reblogged this from nationalpost
- roadiwannakeepgoing likes this
- dearamityxo reblogged this from nationalpost
- blind-star-of-the-sea reblogged this from nationalpost
- deathpetal likes this
- thereluctantoptimist reblogged this from nationalpost and added:
- rafastarisativa reblogged this from nationalpost
- thereluctantoptimist likes this
- perpetualconscience likes this
- thespacecitizen reblogged this from nationalpost
- jimiparadise likes this
- nationalpost posted this