Q:If you'd like to participate in some public introspection, say 5 nice things about yourself and if you feel so inclined, ask some of your faves to do it, too.
I’m honestly not sure I can come up with five things that I like about myself, but I’ll try.
1. I’m very tenacious. When I do a job, I don’t half-ass it. If I’m not going above and beyond when I work, then I feel like I’m not doing enough.
2. I’m very nonjudgmental. I’ve been through enough in my own life that I know that there could always be extenuating circumstances, and there are a lot of reasons that people could have made the choices that they did. This does not apply, however, to those who look down on others for the sole reason that they are different from themselves (different races, religions, genders, sexualities, etc). I judge the hell out of those people.
3. I’m a pacifist. Some people may not see this as a positive thing, but I do. After all, we live in a country that has almost perpetually been at war (or doing some other military action without calling it “war”) since we were founded. I believe that violence is for the weak.
4. I think I have pretty good taste in music (I’m having to stretch for things now…let’s see if I can come up with even a lame #5).
5. I’m drawing a blank here. I stared at that 5 on the left of this line for a good five minutes, and I got nothing. If you’d asked me for things I hate about myself I could go on for hours, but it’s really hard for me to think of positives.
I think if dudebros are gonna compare period pain to Kicked in The Balls pain they’re gonna have to follow that same, societally ingrained shaming code that ladies do.
No don’t talk about how much your balls hurt that’s gross.
Stop whining it doesn’t hurt that bad.
You’re really emotional, did you get kicked in the balls?
Don’t even listen to him he just got kicked in the balls.
Also, men who compare being kicked in the balls with having a period must be kicked in the balls at least every 28 days.
Thursday Mix - songs that fit my mood
1. Elton John - I Want Love | 2. The Police - King of Pain | 3. Soundgarden - Fell On Black Days | 4. Alice in Chains - Killer is Me | 5. Red Hot Chili Peppers - My Friends | 6. Dream Theater - Take Away My Pain | 7. Vanilla Smothie - Keep Dreaming | 8. Chris Cornell - Preaching the End of the World | 9. John Mayer - Stop This Train | 10. Testament - Return to Serenity | 11. Queen - Who Wants to Live Forever | 12. Roger Miller - One Dyin’ and a Buryin’
does juice have to stay in the fridge? I can’t actually see the label and just want to keep it by my bed tonight
Nope… Nothing really needs to be refrigerated… Eggs even weren’t refrigerated until about 50 years ago… :-/
I just remembered this http://io9.com/americans-why-do-you-keep-refrigerating-your-eggs-1465309529
I’m sorry but
In America, there is such a high concentration of freedom in the air that any eggs kept at room temperature will hatch into majestic bald eagles and fly away.
That comment is golden.
Re-read this entire convo to this song. Thank me later.
I know this convo is supposed to be funny, but that io9 article just changed my life.
The article is really interesting reading. I wonder what would be cheaper in the long run — continuing with the large egg-cleaning operations or just vaccinating chickens?
Guess who is going to space?
We nearly 2,000 entries, only ONE emerged victorious. Roshini Muniam,AXE Malaysia ’s sole representative at the final hurdle - being chosen as one of the 22 people who will be sent to Space. Wish her luck at she does the nation proud at the AXE Apollo Space Academy® in Florida!#ApolloAstronautAcademyPulled from the AXE Malaysia Facebook page.
Phobias may be memories passed down in genes from ancestors
Memories may be passed down through generations in DNA in a process that may be the underlying cause of phobias
Memories can be passed down to later generations through genetic switches that allow offspring to inherit the experience of their ancestors, according to new research that may explain how phobias can develop. Scientists have long assumed that memories and learned experiences built up during a lifetime must be passed on by teaching later generations or through personal experience. However, new research has shown that it is possible for some information to be inherited biologically through chemical changes that occur in DNA. Researchers at the Emory University School of Medicine, in Atlanta, found that mice can pass on learned information about traumatic or stressful experiences – in this case a fear of the smell of cherry blossom – to subsequent generations. The results may help to explain why people suffer from seemingly irrational phobias – it may be based on the inherited experiences of their ancestors. (via Phobias may be memories passed down in genes from ancestors - Telegraph)
That explains…a lot
Republican Governor Tells Supporters To Forgo Buying Children Presents, Give Money To His Campaign Instead
Excerpt from article:
The War On Christmas may actually be happening this year, but it’s being waged by an unlikely culprit: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R).
Last week, Walker’s campaign sent an email encouraging supporters not to buy gifts for their children and to use that money instead to support his reelection effort.
“Instead of electronics or toys that will undoubtedly be outdated, broken, or lost by the next Holiday Season, help give your children the gift of a Wisconsin that we can all be proud of”.
"Why give to your family when you could give to me instead?"
…the top five passwords Trustwave found in researching the breaches were: 123456, 123456789, 1234, password and 12345
From an article on a mass hack in which almost 2 million accounts on Facebook, Google, Twitter, Yahoo and other social media and Internet sites have been breached (via USAToday)
"how will i explain gay couples to my children”
if you can explain to your children that an immortal man in a red suit who lives in the north pole travels around the entire world on one night every year on a sleigh carried by magical flying deer i think itll be easy enough to tell them two people are in love